A legacy gift that pays you back
A charitable gift annuity with Alaska Wilderness League is a gift that can provide you and/or a beneficiary with steady, secure income for life.
Benefits of a Charitable Gift Annuity:
- Further the work of Alaska Wilderness League with your gift.
- Receive fixed payments for you and/or another annuitant you designate for life.
- Receive a charitable income tax deduction for the charitable gift portion of the annuity.
- Benefit from payments that may be partially tax-free.
How a Charitable Gift Annuity Works:
Alaska Wilderness League has partnered with the National Gift Annuity Foundation (NGAF) to help the League manage these gifts and meet state regulations. Here’s how it works:
- You transfer cash or property to NGAF and designate the remainder to Alaska Wilderness League.
- In exchange, you receive fixed payments for life. The payment can be quite high depending on your age, and a portion of each payment may even be tax-free.
- You will receive a charitable income tax deduction for the gift portion of the annuity.
- The principal passes to Alaska Wilderness League after the lifetime of the income beneficiaries, helping to advance protections for Alaska’s wildest places.
To request additional information, please contact Chris@AlaskaWild.org. We would be happy to work with you and your advisors to answer your questions.